Wagabonz is looking for a friendly Grooming Assistant. Must love animals and have excellent customer service skills. Experience a plus, but we will train the right person on the specifics of bathing/brushing dogs. If you’d like to eventually become a groomer, even better. We will train you for an exciting career grooming animals. Outgoing personality is a must.
To be successful as a Grooming Assistant with Wagabonz, you should be able to take instructions from grooming staff and owner. Learn techniques to properly care for individual breeds and their coats. In addition you should be able to act as a team player to help the grooming staff with grooming dogs. Ultimately, a top-notch Grooming Assistant will treat all animals with the utmost love and care and have an interest in learning grooming as a career.
Pet Groomer Responsibilities:
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing grooming staff of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Routinely cleaning work areas.
Pet Groomer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Sound understanding of animal behavior.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Competitive based on experience. Hourly plus tips and training to be a groomer.