Responsible for developing and directing a Logistics program at Galveston College and teach classes as assigned.
· Current certifications appropriate to the program
· Associate’s Degree in a related field with five years work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with three years work experience in the field
· Must have aptitudes to assist both new and returning students achieve their educational goals and objectives
· Excellent decision-making experience
· The ability to act independently where necessary or with a team environment. Great Communication Skills and be a highly motivated, self-starter; commitment to student achievement and quality of teaching and learning.
· The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity; good organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary; Possess basic computer skills
· The ability to plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instructions in lecture and/or laboratory formats based on the approved curricula; ability to demonstrate solid content area knowledge based on state-of-art information and technology in departmental teaching assignments
· The ability to select and utilize a variety of approved course materials and teaching methods to insure the needs of individual students in the program are met; Ability to implement and manage College policy and procedures such as attendance, grade reports, student advising and all other assigned educational material actively and on a timely manner.
· The ability to achieve assigned retention rate in accordance with college and accreditation guidelines by maintaining accurate attendance records and communicating any attendance concerns.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Prior teaching experience