The Marketing & Communications Coordinator provides a wide range of support to the Marketing & Communications Manager/Director including, but not limited to: writing, editing, digital content management (website & social media) & strategy, internal and external communications, reports to leadership, photography, video & graphic design.
Strategic Communications 55%
- Write & post content for SHC website, location microsite, intranet & social media channels.
- Research & write patient stories & other articles to support marketing, donor relations & business development.
- Create digital content & execute location- & system-wide strategy
- Assist Manager / Director with internal communications
- Organize & facilitate hospital tours.
- Follow AP style & SHC identity standards
- Research, write & distribute press releases & media advisories.
Collaborative Communications 35%
- Encourage enthusiasm, positive morale & teamwork among employees
- Work with other departments & medical staff to solicit stories
- Acts as media escort within facility.
- Assist Manager / Director with Shriners International temple relations
- Coordinate facility special events such as public celebrations, celebrity & VIP visits and others as requested.
- Manage & maintain patient ambassador program
- Ensure confidentiality & patient privacy during tours, events and media visits
- Present to Shriners International temples, community organizations or groups
- Travel as needed to attend meeting or represent SHC at community, temple or fundraising events.
Departmental Support 10%
- Provides reports on department activity & progress toward goals
- Manage multiple projects
- Upload photos, videos & consents to Digital Assets Management system
- Research media outlets & maintain current media contact list, using media monitoring platform.
- General office duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, inventory of marketing collateral, meeting minutes
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- 3 or more years of Marketing, Communications & Public Relations experience required
- Media relations experience required
- Writing & editing experience required
- Social media platform (such as Hootsuite) creation & management experience required
- CMS proficiency required
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred
- MS Office Suite proficiency required
- Ability to manage multiple projects required
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Accurate spelling, punctuation & grammar skills
- Close attention to detail
- Bilingual preferred
- Collaborates with internal teams, especially Business Development, Donor Relations, & home office Marketing & Communications
- Delegates as appropriate
- Operates within a budget
- Uses sound judgment in decision-making when handling sensitive information
- Accepts responsibility for decisions, actions & results
- Strong sense of urgency about solving problems & completing work
- Meets deadlines or communicates well in advance of deadlines legitimate reason(s) for moving deadlines back
- Welcomes new projects/tasks or additional work without complaining
- Carefully weighs priority of things to be done
- Communicates effectively with people at all levels in organization
- Communicates important information as necessary
- Keeps supervisor &/or others informed about progress and problems-avoids surprises
- Takes possession of work as his/her own & avoids blaming others for problems that may arise
- Works well with others
- Comes to work on a consistent basis, does not miss excess amounts of work
- Punctual, begins work as scheduled
- Willing to change responsibilities as necessary to take on other responsibilities/ tasks
- Tries to improve performance when requested
- Anticipates consequences of his/her decisions
- Assumes responsibility for meeting personal goals & fulfilling requirements of the position
- Performs work independently without being prompted
- Brings & appropriate level of creativity to his / her position
- Manages own time effectively, organizes work to maximize productivity