Coastal Community Federal Credit Union began in 1957 when employees of the Galveston Fire Department decided to form Galveston Firemen's Federal Credit Union. In 1973, the name was changed to City of Galveston Federal Credit Union to allow all city employees of Galveston to join. Then in 1991, the credit union purchased the bank building located at 2302 Church Street which enabled us to offer more services to our growing family help us keep growing.?On August 28, 2000, the credit union changed its charter to serve people who live, work, worship and attend school in Galveston County. To identify with the member our name was changed to COASTAL COMMUNITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. What began as a $5 investment for 13 Firemen in 1957, has grown to a thriving, full-service financial institution with assets of over $70 million and membership of over 10,000 members today.
Our mission today is the same as our founding Firemen: "We are proud to uphold the "people helping people" motto while providing affordable financial services."
If you're hard-working and dedicated, Coastal Community FCU is a perfect organization for you. Apply now!
Responsibilities for Personal Financial Officer
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Rents safety deposit boxes. Orders checks for member accounts. Completes payroll deductions and authorization forms.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party. Help resolve member’s checking account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Opens, renews, and updates certificate accounts.
- Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Maintains IRA accounts and answers questions regarding IRAs.
- Set up members on-line banking and assists with questions.
- Reviews all new account cards.
- Evaluates and verifies loan applications and credit criteria. Computes debt ratios. Verifies employment and income. Inspect private party used vehicles. Determines value of collateral. Approves loans within limits of authority and notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Requests additional information if required
- Coordinates and processes closings. Ensures that each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed
- Calculates terms, finance charges, and insurance on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes. Assists in servicing loans by processing such items as payoff, refinances, problem loan workout arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes
- Assumes responsibility for filing vehicle titles and prompt follow-up on titles still pending. Verifies car insurance coverage. Makes car appraisals.Sells credit life, disability, GAP and extended warranties.
- Performs duties of area personnel as required.
Qualifications for Personal Financial Officer
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate with required loan training and certification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Credit Union member services and lending functions, policies, and procedures.
Understanding of related legal and regulatory standards and required loan documentation
Knowledge of consumer lending practices.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years previous lending experience and experience with full-service financial institution.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent interviewing, communication, and public relations skills.
Professional appearance and attitude.
Strong analytical and financial skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications, and other business equipment including calculators, typewriter, printer, telephone, and notary stamp.