To be successful as a Pet Groomer with Wagabonz, you should be able to understand pet owners’ instructions as well as accommodate any special requests that they may have. In addition you should be able to act as an expert to help customers understand what is best for their pup. Ultimately, a top-notch Pet Groomer will treat all animals with the utmost love and care.
Pet Groomer Responsibilities:
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Routinely cleaning work areas.
- Recommending suitable products to pet owners.
Pet Groomer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven professional grooming experience.
- Sound understanding of animal behavior.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Competitive based on experience. Hourly plus tips or Commission plus tips available.