Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring that clients and pets feel welcome and comfortable
- Providing compassionate and diplomatic client service
- Answering the telephone and scheduling appointments
- Collecting payments for services
- Maintaining client and patient information and records
- Suggesting retail products and other services to clients
- Keeping your work area clean and well maintained
- Filling prescriptions as need as directed by a veterinarian, and explaining prescription directions
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and listen; may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be comfortable dealing with animals and people.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong client service skills.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications including MS Office (Word), internet browsers. Knowledge of AVImark practice management software a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, dependable, punctual, detail oriented and able to work in a busy team environment. Experience in the veterinary field preferred, but will train the right individual. Please note that this position requires a flexible schedule during the week and the ability to work a rotation of Saturday’s 8:30-2pm
Apply online at www.animalclinic.com under ABOUT/Join our team.