Coastal Community Federal Credit Union began in 1957 when employees of the Galveston Fire Department decided to form Galveston Firemen's Federal Credit Union. In 1973, the name was changed to City of Galveston Federal Credit Union to allow all city employees of Galveston to join. Then in 1991, the credit union purchased the bank building located at 2302 Church Street which enabled us to offer more services to our growing family help us keep growing. On August 28, 2000, the credit union changed its charter to serve people who live, work, worship and attend school in Galveston County. To identify with the member our name was changed to COASTAL COMMUNITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. What began as a $5 investment for 13 Firemen in 1957, has grown to a thriving, full-service financial institution with assets of over $70 million and membership of over 10,000 members today.
Our mission today is the same as our founding Firemen: "We are proud to uphold the "people helping people" motto while providing affordable financial services."
If you're hard-working and dedicated, Coastal Community FCU is a perfect organization for you. Apply now!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Responsible for collection of accounts assigned by department management including member negative share balances, Visa accounts, and consumer loan accounts.
· Makes satisfactory arrangements and keeps precise documentation of each contact.
· Provides members with courteous service while processing transactions promptly, efficiently, and accurately.
· Be an effective team member through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, and attendance.
· General knowledge of repossessions from assignment through insurance claims, if warranted, and disposal/ deficiency.
· Compliance with credit union policies, Fair Debt Collection Practices, and other applicable rules and regulations related to Collections.
· Effective oral and written communications skills required to interact with members and provide constructive follow-up on delinquent accounts.
· Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine, and telephone.
· Efficient recovery skills with charged off accounts.
· Filing judgments/ liens as necessary.
· Knowledge with forced placed insurance and loan modification agreements.
· Bankruptcy law
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Strong oral and written communication skills, facsimile machine, ten key, credit union and collection rules, regulations, and policies.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Attentive to detail and observant.
Good communication skills.
Creative and able to develop innovative solutions.