Under the direction of the Vice President for Administration and Student Services, the Director of Facilities directs facilities management operations and future planning of College facilities. The Director of Facilities establishes procedures for maintenance, repair and/or replacement of College facilities, grounds, systems equipment, the vehicle fleet and enforces fire and safety policy and procedures.
· A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related field; five years of related experience including two years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Knowledge of all phases of physical plant operation, maintenance and repair, planning, scheduling, management and administration of the plant; federal, state, and local regulation safety practices; record keeping and report writing experience;
· Technical knowledge and skills in working with air-conditioning and heating systems;
· Knowledge and experience with state and local safety, fire, construction, and public access regulations experience; an understanding of blueprints and building codes; experience developing cost estimates and budgets;
· Ability to communicate effectively utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public;
· Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal and written form;
· Skill in areas of budgeting and financial administration;
· General management and organizational skills necessary to administer a large and diverse department;
· Flexibility and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously are required;
· Computer literate in Windows environment;
· Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.