Responsible for teaching obstetrical and advanced medical surgical nursing theory. Provides clinical instruction to students in approved health care settings, adhering to the policies of the clinical setting and the Galveston College Nursing Program. Supervises students in clinical groups by maintaining presence in the facility during entire student clinical time. Orients students to the clinical area, and demonstrates proper procedures. Evaluates student performance. Conducts written formative and summative evaluation of students. Provides weekly written feedback on student clinical preparatory work. Collaborates with faculty coordinators for obstetrical and complex medical surgical nursing for continuity of student clinical paperwork.
- Master’s degree in Nursing and a current unencumbered Texas license.
- Competence in clinical skills in obstetrical and advanced medical surgical nursing.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening, immunizations, and required current AHA Health Care Provider CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as required by clinical sites and Galveston College.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience of at least three years of nursing as a RN in the clinical specialty area within the past five years.